Wednesday 11 April 2012

Chocolate Feijoa Cake

I had a recipe given to me by my Huni's Nan but have lost it in my piles of collected recipes! Thank goodness for Google and Pinterest, I now have what I believe is the same recipe! And thanks to my Opa who has just bought a place with well established fruit trees, I am able to make my beloved Feijoa cake and other fruity baked goods!

Here is the recipe from Thinking About Food

185g butter
3/4 c caster sugar
2 eggs
1 1/2 c peeled chopped feijoas
2 tbsp brown sugar
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1 1/2c Self Raising flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 c cocoa
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1/2 c sour cream.

Heat oven to 180c.
Combine feijoas, brown sugar and cinnamon in bowl and set aside.
Cream butter and sugar. Add eggs one at a time. Stir sour cream into feijoa mix and combine
well.

Sift dry ingredients into creamed butter/sugar/eggs and add in feijoa mix, combine well. Transfer batter into prepared tin (I use a ring tin) and smooth top evenly. Bake 40-45mins, or until skewer/knife comes out clean. Sit for 5 mins before turning out.
Top with a dark chocolate ganache. Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. I have it!! Its in the container....l somewhere..l. Lol. Yummy!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It just doesn't taste the same with choc icing, so tried a ganache with butter and 72% chocolate but still not right. I'm sure it has sour cream in it! Must find!

      Delete