PREP TIME - 20 minutes
COOKING - 10 minutes
500g pork mince
1/4 c coriander, finely chopped
1 spring onion, sliced
1 T fish sauce plus 1 T extra
2 t ginger, grated
1 garlic clove, crushed
1/4 c sweet chilli sauce
1 long red chilli, finely chopped
long french baguette, split 3/4 through
1 small butter lettuce, leave seperated
2 carrots, peeled into ribbons
1 Lebanese cucumer, peeled into ribbons (I just used telegraph)
2 T white vinegar
1 T white sugar
- In a large bowl, combine mince, coriander, onion, egg, fish sauce, ginger and garlic. Roll Tablespoons into 16 balls.
- Heat an oiled frying pan on high. Cook meatballs for 6-8 minutes, shaking pan occasionally, until browned all over and cooked through.
- PICKLE. Meanwhile, combine carrots, cucumber, vinegar and sugar in a bowl. Cover and set aside.
- In a small bowl, mix sweet chilli, extra fish sauce and chilli together.
- Fill baguette evenly with lettuce, meatballs and pickle. Cut into 4 equal portions and drizzle with sauce to serve.
Any leftover pickle can be kept in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 1 week.
Recipe from Woman's Day.