Monday 13 May 2013

LUNCHBOX IDEAS: Pizza Muffins

I am trying to get back into baking for the lunchboxes. I usually go to KIDSPOT for ideas but last night flicked through my Donna Hay Kids' Magazines for ideas. Well I just have to share this with you, Pizza Muffins! I have changed the flour to Gluten Free so Dadda can take some for his lunch box too!


3 cups self-raising flour, sifted
1 t baking powder
1 1/2 c grated cheese
3 rashers bacon, chopped
2/3 c crushed pineapple, drained
2/3 c vege oil, I used Rice Bran oil
2 T tomato paste
2 eggs
1 c milk

Preheat oven to 180c.
Place the flour, baking powder, 1 cup of cheese, bacon and pineapple in a bowl and mix to combine.
Place the oil, tomato paste, egg and milk in a bowl and whisk to combine. Add to the flour and mix until just combined.
Spoon into 12 x 1/2 c capacity muffin tins and sprinkle with remaining cheese, I grinded salt and pepper on top before baking in oven for about 30 minutes or until cooked.

They came out nice and fluffy! Super yum!


No comments:

Post a Comment