Friday 17 May 2013

LUNCHBOX IDEA: DG Choc Chip Cookies

What is DG? Well, DG stands for Destitute Gourmet, I'm not sure if I've blogged about her before, pretty sure I would have, SHE is Sophie Gray, founder of the DG brand that has 8 books, 7 of which I have and are signed by her! She teaches how to "eat well and spend less", in the books are tips on how to shop smart and sample shopping lists. One book shows you how to preserve, make curry pastes and seasonings, make your own mascarpone and creme fraiche! She is honestly a genius! I always rely on my DG books for inspiration.

So when Miss A asked me to buy her a Cookie Time this afternoon I said I will make a whole heap of cookies for her. So here is the best recipe that made us 100!!!

1 cup (about 250g) butter or shortening
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup white sugar
2 eggs
2 T hot water
2 t vanilla essence
3 1/4 cups flour
1 t salt
1 t baking soda
1-2 cups choc chips

Preheat the oven to 180oC
Into the processor put the butter and brown and white sugar. Process until pale and creamy, then add the eggs, hot water and vanilla.  Process until fluffy and scrape into a large bowl.
Sift together and stir in the flour, salt and baking soda. Stir in the choc chips. Drop teaspoonfuls on greased baking sheets and bake for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown.

YUM!




No comments:

Post a Comment