I made the kids an Activity Advent calender this year rather then filling it with sugar. There were a few days where I didn't have an activity so they got a treat but here are a few of the things we have done:
- Put up the Christmas tree
- Donated toys to the Sallies
- Went to the Temple Christmas lights
- Made and decorated Christmas cookies
- Shared the cookies with school friends
- Make cards
- Go to Farmers and choose a decoration (they will get there own box for the decorations and build up a collection)
- Take a Christmassy family photo
- Drop a present to a neighbour
- Make Glittery playdough
- Go to Trees at Meteor
- Drive around Harrowfield (neighborhood that gets right into Christmas)
- Watch a Xmas movie
- Read Xmassy books
- Write a letter to Santa
- Put out snacks for Santa
- Open a present on Christmas eve
What Christmas traditions have you started up for your family?
Right! I have to get in the kitchen and finish making presents!
PS. Mum and Dad are in Wellington getting the house packed up ready for the big move north! Exciting!